There are not too many communities that can offer two arenas, seven stadiums, more than 100 softball/baseball fields, championship caliber pools, BMX and mountain bike tracks, paintball and skateboard facilities—all within a 20-minute radius.
From quality venues and affordable, sports-friendly hotels to great weather and a variety of leisure activities, Fresno has it all!
We are California’s year-round playground.
Quality Venues - Top 7
- Save Mart Center: opened in 2003; seats 13,000- 18,000 (depending on configuration); 450,000 sq. ft.; 32 Private Suites; Scoreboard/ Videoboard; Team Locker Rooms; 24 Concession Stands. View/ Print Info>>
- Selland Arena: renovated summer 2008; seats 9,300; 4 locker rooms with showers; officials dressing rooms; state of the art video scoreboard and sound system.View/ Print Info>>
- Chukchansi Park: opened 2002; seats 12,500; natural grass surface; swimming pool for private parties; stadium club restaurant; picnic area. View/ Print Info>>
- Fresno Regional Sports Complex: opened 2004; 6 lighted softball fields and 9 lighted soccer/flag football fields; 11-acre paintball facility; the Ark vert ramp; fishing pond. View/ Print Info>>
- Fresno Pacific University: 9 Lane All Weather Track; Special Events Center for Basketball and Volleyball; 15,000 Person Capacity; Baseball and Socce fields. View/ Print Info>>
- Woodward Park: 5,000 meter and 10,000 cross-country courses; BMX track and mountain bike park opened 2009; frisbee golf course; dog park; par/fitness course; 3,500 seat outdoor amphitheater. View/ Print Info>>
- Clovis Unified Facilities: Buchanan Complex (10,000 seat stadium, 8-field youth softball complex, baseball stadium, 2 gymnasiums, 4 soccer/flag football fields, 20 tennis courts); Clovis High School (6,000 football/soccer stadium, baseball stadium, basketball gymnasium, 8 youth softball/baseball fields); Clovis West High School (aquatics center, baseball stadium); Clovis East (aquatics center, baseball stadium, 2 gymnasiums, 10 youth softball/baseball fields); and Clovis North (aquatics center, baseball stadium, 2 gymnasiums, fine arts auditorium/theatre). View/ Print Info>>
- Over 10,000 hotel rooms to choose from.
- Average hotel room price is $77 per night.
- Less than three hours from Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento.
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport offers non-stop flights to cities such as Seattle, Phoenix, Dallas and many more.
Great Year-Round Weather
- Sun shine over 300 days per year - cancellation due to weather is less likely.
- Average rainfall is less than 11 inches per year.
- Low humidity, rare thunderstorms and pleasant temperatures (summers are warm) make for great sports weather.
Easy Navigation/No Traffic
- Easy navigation via local east-west and north-south freeways, and surface streets.
- Most travel within community takes 20 minutes or less.
Gateway to 3 National Parks
- Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are within a one to two hour drive (depending on stops along the way).
- Families can easily take a day trip to view glacier-carved granite, majestic giant sequoias or breathtaking waterfalls.
Sports Sales Manager
Fresno Convention & Visitors Bureau
559-981-5500 Ext. 103